4 Ways SOTI ONE Will Deliver More Value To Your Organization Than Ever Before
Recently, I had the opportunity to travel to the SOTI SYNC Conference with one of my co-workers and Miles Data Systems Engineer, Jason Charneski. Overall, a phenomenal experience! If I had to sum it up in a nutshell, the main highlights were getting the opportunity to hear industry leaders talk about trends within the mobility marketplace, emerging technologies (such as augmented and virtual reality), learn about the releases of SOTI ONE, and MobiControl v14.0, and where the enterprise mobility management software market is going with newer operating systems such as Android, iOS, Windows 10, and Linux.The best part of it all was getting to interact and socialize with end users of SOTI, leading software and hardware manufacturers (such as Google, Lenovo, Honeywell, Zebra), and other technology integrators from all over the globe! I even had the opportunity to spend some time with my customers from Sargento Foods, Inc., Keith Abler and Jon Chopich!
The Value SOTI Has Brought Miles Data Customers
SOTI is a leader in enterprise mobility management (EMM). Over the years, they have played a critical role for Miles Data customers, saving IT departments 1000s of hours by streamlining mass rollouts of mobile devices, remotely controlling fleets of 10s, 100s, or 1000s of mobile devices, and improving productivity in mobile operations.
Traditionally, SOTI was made to manage Windows CE and mobile operating systems. Today, they’ve grown into a true-single pane of glass device management console, for all major operating systems.
SOTI is Positioned to Bring Even More Value to Our Customers
Here are four reasons why I believe SOTI will deliver more value to your organization:
1. The Release of SOTI ONE At SOTI Sync, SOTI announced not only the release of version v14.0 of MobiControl, but also announced their roadmap of the SOTI ONE platform. SOTI ONE is a suite of applications to compliment MobiControl. These include:
- SOTI Snap – Rapid app development and deployment for non-IT users
- SOTI Assist – Helpdesk management solution, fully integrated with MobiControl
- SOTI Insight – Business intelligence tool for building dashboards
- SOTI Connect – SOTI’s IoT connectors to provide control/access to data from Internet of Things-enabled devices
- SOTI Collaborate- a free tool to use for collaboration with the SOTI Community, including other end users, SOTI experts, and SOTI partners.
SOTI is pushing to be not just a company that provides a device management solution, but one that empowers business users to deliver mobility solutions to increase productivity, and maximize their investment in SOTI’s platform.
2. SOTI’s Alignment with Google and Android OEMs. Currently, SOTI offers the most capabilities with Android device management. They are the ONLY EMM provider to support all the Android Enterprise device management styles, including COSU (corporately owned, single use). By leveraging SOTI, your business will always be on the front edge of technology, and ensuring you are current with the latest enhancements and security features.
3. SOTI’s Cloud. Many organizations are considering a cloud strategy today for several reasons:
- Instant On – turnkey deployment, no hardware, or support costs that the business needs to own. The solution is provided as a service.
- Accessibility – cloud applications are accessible 24×7, from anywhere because you can access them from the web. This means internal IT or third parties support can access your EMM to support you faster.
- Security and Compliance – Most organizations are very concerned with security. The main benefit of the cloud is your provider takes this on so you don’t have to. SOTI’s cloud is certified for the following standards: FISMA, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, SOC 1/SSAE 16/ISAE 3402, SOC 2, and HIPAA.
- Backup and Restore – The cloud is always backed-up, the way you need it, in case any critical issues like; power surges, natural disasters, etc.
- BUDGET FRIENDLY – Cloud services are usually a cost per month, and budgeted as an operating expense, versus a capex request. This significantly improves cash flow and allowing companies to instantly get the solution they are looking for, versus waiting on budget.
4. True, single-pane-of-glass device management experience. SOTI has a deep relationship with Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Linux. In fact, with the launch of v14.0, SOTI announced support for Linux devices that is on the technology roadmap. Why Linux? Linux is an open-source operating system, which will be the operating system of many IoT devices going forward. Therefore SOTI can deliver a true, centralized console to manage mobility of the entire enterprise and ensure you are getting the most for your money.
As a longstanding partner of SOTI since 2005, Miles Data is ready to support, manage, and secure your enterprise devices. Please reach out to me at JJones@milesdata.com if you have any questions or want to further investigate what SOTI and Miles Data can do for your organization.