RFTerm is an application that makes LXE’s Windows and Windows CE based mobile computers look and act like standard DOS computers running terminal emulations. With RFTerm, customers running ANSI, IBM 5250 and IBM 3270 terminal based applications can use any LXE Windows or Windows CE computer as their data collection device alongside their older DOS units. RFTerm gives you a simple migration path from the older hardware platforms to the new Windows and Windows CE based mobile computers without having to change your existing applications.
Other RFTerm features include the option to run up to four simultaneous host sessions in any combination of the supported terminal emulation protocols; configurable on-screen key board; hot-keys that allow you to switch between sessions using a single key; stylus input support giving you data entry flexibility; and to make your network more efficient, the latest version of RFTerm adds support for ANSI block mode communications that allows the computer to send data to the host in blocks, instead of character by character.
- Double click the RFTerm shortcut on the desktop.
- You will be greeted by the LXE RFTerm Application.
- Click Session ›› Configure.
- Select your Host Type. For this example we will choose a VT220 application.
- Enter the Host Address of your application. For this example I will enter 192.168.13.37. Yours will differ. Your Port may also differ, but is most likely 23.
- Check the Auto Reconnect box (optional).
This concludes the standard configuration for RFTerm. For advanced configuration steps please proceed to the LXE RFTerm User Guide Download page.