Miles Data’s Self-Service Portal: An Easy, Convenient Way to Manage Mobile Device Service and Repair
Your busy schedule doesn’t leave any time to spare. We know you need access to your accounts and answers — now! To make it easier for you to do business with us, Miles Data has updated its self-service portal to make it more user-friendly for our customers of all sizes to manage depot and onsite repair requests for printers, handhelds and scanners.
Our web-based portal is available to you on any shift, anytime—and even anywhere with an internet connected device. With our Preferred Customer Service Portal you will be able to:
- View contract data: Miles Data’s self-service portal allows you to quickly see expirations for your hardware contracts serviced by Miles Data. You can easily access all the contracts you have with hardware vendors such as Zebra, Honeywell, Datalogic, and more from this one portal.
- Completely manage service requests: We’ve thought through the steps of creating a service request and put everything you need right at your fingertips. The service portal tracks your asset number, if you use one, with its serial number so you won’t have to search for this information when you make a service request. In addition, you can quickly access the device’s repair history to see whether there is an ongoing issue with the device. Miles Data’s self-service portal gives you the flexibility to update the location of the device and even dynamically add new devices to the portal and request service for them.
- Track progression of an RMA: Whether you ship a device or printer in for repair or request onsite printer repair, you can track your RMA (return material authorization) from the time it’s submitted, through each step of the service and repair process and until your device is shipped back to you. You can also request updates via email on the status of your repair.
- Grant access to multiple people on your team: Administration is flexible as well. Either designate an Administrator to manage access to the site for your company, or we can manage the users for you.
- Manage assets: Miles Data’s self-service portal lets you quickly see which assets are at various locations and change the location of devices as needed.
Added Benefits for ServicePlus Customers
If you are a ServicePlus customer, our Miles Data self-service portal will be your one-stop shop for managing service. Through Miles Data’s self-service portal, you will no longer need to log into Zebra’s or Honeywell’s portal to create RMAs. You simply create an RMA and send the device to Miles Data, and we take it from there. We pinpoint the problem, and, if needed, send the device to the manufacturer’s repair center, or reimage/reset the device and send it back to you. If you use ServicePlus for your spare device pool management, a spare will be on its way back to you as soon as you send the device for repair.
If you are ready to save time managing your mobile device service and repair in a more convenient and easy way, contact Kate Reich at email@example.com to establish your account on the Miles Data self-service portal.